Determining the truth of what purports to be the Catholic Church in this modern world by examining the Four Marks of the Catholic Church.
“Recognize and Resist” traditionalists and conservative Novus Ordo Catholics take note.
The modern Catholic world is in a heightened confused state due to especially recent disclosures of moral rot within the confines of the modern church, and is living through the greatest deception ever in the history of the Catholic Church. [See: 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.]
We will try to keep this explanation as concise and simple as possible. To help people understand the real problem which is Modernism that has corrupted the Church we will examine this in a whole new approach – by examining the Four Marks of the Catholic Church and by doing so, see if the Novus Ordo church can qualify as the True Church founded by Jesus Christ. Here is a brief overview as to what the Four Marks of the Catholic Church are:
- One (unity): The Church is ONE because all its members are united under one government; are one in the same faith; adhere to the same doctrine; and all join in the same worship. “Christ Himself declared that the unity of His followers should bear witness to Him.” [THE CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA, Vol. 3, 1913 edition, “Church,” p 759.] Saint Paul teaches that the Church is “of one body and one spirit.”
- Holy (sanctity): The Catholic Church manifests her sanctity which testifies to the fact she is not of natural origin, but is a divinely established institution. The holiness that marks the true Church corresponds to the holiness of its founder, the Son of God; and also to the Spirit Who dwells within it as well as the graces bestowed upon it. The holiness appears in the doctrine she teaches, in the worship she offers to God and in the fruits which she brings forth. It appears also in the apparitions of the Mother of God who is Mother of the Church involved very much in the life of that Church. It also appears in the lives of the Saints and Martyrs of the Church.
- Catholicity (universality): Christ established His Church for the salvation of the Human race. He established it so that His revelation might be preserved and to dispense His grace to all nations. He thus, for this reason, commanded His Apostles to “go and teach all nations.” There is no other religious body that fulfills this command except the Catholic Church. No other religious body has this universal mission. Furthermore, the word “catholic” is derived from two Greek words: Kata and holos. Kata means “thoroughly” and holos means “whole.” When put together you have a universal teaching or doctrine that is thoroughly whole, that is the true Catholic religion.
- Apostolicity (apostolic identity): The Church is apostolic because it has been established by Jesus Christ on the foundation of the Apostles who He commissioned to carry on His work. This is the apostolic identity of the Church. This apostolic identity has been carried on through traditions and teachings promulgated by the successors to Saint Peter, the first Pope. Since infallibility was promised to the true Church, then it follows that this Church is apostolic in its mission and apostolic in its doctrine. Apostolicity of mission means the power of Holy Orders and the power of jurisdiction are derived by legal transmission from the Apostles.
Now, ask yourself, “Does the Novus Ordo church of today have all the Marks of the Catholic Church?” When you examine all the heretical statements contained in the Vatican II documents and all the pagan ceremonies, interfaith prayers and other shameful practices (visits to synagogues, mosques, temples, rock masses, beach masses, clown masses, etc.) how is this the one, holy Catholic Church? Various people from Catholic journalists, to secular news reporters, to even atheists recognize that this is not the Catholic Church. Yet the “recognize and resist” traditionalists and Novus Ordo conservatives have trouble realizing this. Is there something wrong with this picture? Just a precursory examination of how the Catholic Church was before Vatican II and an overview of what has happened since should tell you this counterfeit of today is not the Church Christ founded. Unfortunately, people desire only to “go along to get along” or maybe their elevator doesn’t go to the “top floor” anymore.
To help the reader discern the truth of this, we ask that you view this video “The Novus Ordo is not Catholic.” [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-Q6oYNQ_k] (Even if you don’t watch it continuously through, at least watch each clip in it and don’t skip any – you should get the idea).
Now after watching this, how can anyone say the Novus Ordo church is ONE in faith and worship? Is this church, HOLY? Look at it again and I dare anyone to tell me this is holy! Understanding what the word Catholic means, is this church Catholic? Hardly! Apostolic? No true Vicar of Christ would promote such apostasy and moral rot within the confines of the true Church.
No true Church of Christ promotes, prays with or supports heretical and pagan false religions. The practices of the post-conciliar “popes” to pray with schismatics, heretics, apostates, and false religions who worship the devil are not true vicars at all. These post-conciliar “popes” have visited synagogues, mosques, Buddhist and Hindu temples and prayed with them, taking part in their pagan rituals, being “blessed” (actually, cursed) by worshippers of devil “gods’ and worse. All this praying together, etc. has been condemned by the true Church. (See quotes at the end of this article. Also view this video “What Does Vatican II Really Teach?” by Father Benedict Hughes).
Keep in mind Vatican II and Modernism laid the groundwork for the mess we see now in what purports to be the “catholic” church. Roncalli’s revolution was key in all of this and led to this false church. No wonder Cardinal Alfredo Ottaviani upon hearing the opening address at the Vatican II Council by antipope John XXIII leaned over to a fellow Cardinal and stated: “I hope I die before the council is over. At least I will have died a Catholic!” Ponder the significance of that statement!
Now this brings up an interesting problem. We have shown you here and elsewhere in our work the falseness of the Novus Ordo Vatican II church which in reality is a counterfeit church. If that is so (and commonsense and Church teaching proves that it is), then how is it that he who sits at the head of this false church, namely, one Jorge Bergoglio (a.k.a. Francis) is considered by these “recognize and resist” traditionalists and Novus Ordo conservatives, to be a true pope? That simply is impossible for one simple reason: A true pope cannot be the head of a false church anymore than a false pope can be a head of a true church (a pope falling into heresy or apostasy is “ipso facto” excommunicated by divine law. This is the teaching of the Church. Don’t believe it? Then see our article: “Reasons Why Bergoglio is not the Pope” at this link.). [www.diamondstarlightbeacon.com/articles_archives2017.htm#REASONS_BERGOGLIO_IS_NOT_THE…]
But people have shown their ignorance of the true reality which now exists in the modern church – some have shown their willful ignorance. But for those who would really like to know the truth of this, we reproduce here a small portion of what we wrote in our most recent work, THE CHURCH IN ECLIPSE: THE POPE IN EXILE. [See: www.diamondstarlightbeacon.com/Church_in_Eclipse.htm.]
“Some neo-traditionalists rightfully acknowledge that the Vatican II Novus Ordo sect can‘t possibly be the Catholic Church but yet insist that the Vatican II “popes” are valid, true popes. They may admit that these Vatican II “popes” are so-called “bad popes,” and that they have departed from tradition. Some may even recognize them as heretical but only as “material” heretics but yet still hold they cannot be antipopes. They maintain they are valid “popes” even though they head a new religion in contradiction to true Catholic teaching and doctrine. Such a absurd position puts a true pope at the head of a false church. Such an absolutely ridiculous position separates a true pope from a true Church, which is impossible.
“Pope Leo XIII on January 22, 1899 stated: ‘Where Peter (the pope) is, there is the Church…’
“Hence, a true pope heads a true Church and a false pope heads a false church. To recognize a false “pope” (Bergoglio – a.k.a. Francis; Ratzinger – a.k.a. Benedict XVI) as a true pope means one must also recognize his false church (Vatican II sect) as a true church in its entirety. This would be contrary to the Catholic Faith.
“Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum (#5) June 29, 1896: ‘When the divine founder decreed that the Church should be one in faith, in government, and in communion, He chose Peter and his successors as THE PRINCIPLE AND CENTER, as it were, of this unity.’
“Moreover, if you believe that either Bergoglio or Ratzinger are valid and true “popes,” that requires you to have the same faith as they do and are in communion with their apostate Vatican II Novus Ordo sect.
“Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum (#10), June 29, 1896: ‘For this reason, as the unity of the faith is of necessity required for the unity of the Church, inasmuch as it is the body of the faithful,so also for this same unity, inasmuch as the Church is a divinely constituted society, unity of government, which effects and involves unity of communion, is necessary jure divino (by divine law).’
“This is an extremely important issue because to affirm a particular person is your pope and head of the Church means you, by divine law, share communion and faith with that person.” [From Chapter 10: “The Great Neo-Traditionalist Façade,” pp. 247-248.]
The only answer to this dilemma and crisis in the Church is sedevacantism. To help you understand this, you need to see the video, “Pope Francis and Sedevacantism” by Bishop Mark Pivaranus and also this video, “Answering Objections to Sedevacantism” by Bishop Mark Pivaranus. There is also a booklet by this title available from this e-mail address: Sisters CMD Arizona <email@example.com>.
For even further help in sorting out the truth about this, see the following two very helpful websites:
For those who still can’t understand that the Novus Ordo church is a false church and in no way represents the Catholic Church, we present the following quotes and sources for your enlightenment. Some of you may belong to a so-called “conservative” parish and say that they don’t do extreme things as seen in the videos cited in this article, these sources listed below will help you understand that the whole system is false – no matter if it is conservative or wildly liberal, it doesn’t matter for it belongs to the same disguised serpent-church. That’s fact not opinion. Read the quotes and sources listed below.
1917 Code of Canon Law: “It is not permitted at all for the faithful to assist in any active manner at or to have any part in the worship of non-Catholics.” Canon 1258.
Pope Pius XII: “This being so, it is clear that this apostolic see cannot on any terms take part in their assemblies, nor is it anyway lawful for Catholics either to support or to work for such enterprises; for to do so they will be giving continence to a false Christianity, quite alien to the one Church of Christ.”
“How does a Catholic sin against faith? A Catholic sins against Faith by apostasy, heresy, indifferentism and by taking part in non-Catholic worship.” [Catechism of the Council of Trent, Catechism of Pope St. Pius X, and the Baltimore Catechism.]
“There is no greater enemy to the Immaculata and the Knighthood than today’s ecumenism, which every Knight must fight against, but also neutralize through diametrically opposed action and ultimately destroy.” [Entry of Diary – April 23, 1933, from The Immaculata, Our Ideal – Maximillian Kolbe.]
“You hold the ungodly, and you are joined in friendship with those who hate the Lord; and therefore you did indeed deserve the wrath of the Lord.” [II Paralipomenon 19:2.]
“Catholics must not forget that all roads lead to God and they will have to accept that this courageous idea of free thinking, which we can really call a revolution, pouring forth from our Masonic lodges, has spread magnificently over the Dome of St. Peter’s.” [Yves Marsauden, ecumenist and Freemason.]
“If any eccleisiastic or layman shall go into a synagogue of the Jews or to the meeting houses of the heretics to join in prayer with them, let them be deposed and deprived of communion. If any bishop or priest or deacon shall join in prayer with heretics, let him be suspended from communion.” [III Council of Constantinople.]
“Cut off from the Church: One must neither pray or sing psalms with those who are cut off from the communion of the Church, whether clergy or layman, let him be excommunicated.” [Council of Carthage.]
“No one shall pray in common with heretics and schismatics.” [Council of Laodicea.]
“We decree that those who give credence to the teachings of heretics, as well as those who receive, defend, or patronize them are excommunicated … If any one refuses to avoid such accomplices after they have been ostracized by the Church, let them also be excommunicated.” [IV Lateran Council.]
“Certainly such attempts can nowise be approved by Catholics, founded as they are on that false opinion which considers all religions to be more or less good and praiseworthy, since they all in different ways manifest and signify that sense which is inborn in us all, and by which we are led to God and to the obedient acknowledgement of the His rule. Not only are those who hold this opinion in error and deceived, but also in distorting the idea of true religion they reject it, and little by little, turn aside to naturalism and atheism, as it is called; from which it clearly follows that one who supports those who hold these theories and attempt to realize them, is altogether abandoning the divinely revealed religion.” [Pope Pius XI, Mortalium Animos (#2).]
Other Helpful Sources
- The Principal Heresies and Other Errors of Vatican II by John Daly. http://www.holyromancatholicchurch.org/heresies.html.
- L’Eglise Eclipsee (The Church in Eclipse) by Les Amis de Christ-Roi (by The Friends of Christ the King), Editions Delacroix, 1997 Paris. http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/post/roncalli.html.
- Book: Vatican II Exposed as Counterfeit Catholicism published by St. Joseph’s Media, P.O. Box 186, Wayne, MI 48184-0186. www.stjosephsmedia.com.
- Book: The Work of Human Hands by Fr. Cekada. Published by SGG Resources, 4900 Rialto Rd., West Chester, OH 45069. www.sggresources.org.